An active birth describes a birth where a mother is encouraged to follow her natural birthing instincts. She is free to move and give birth in a position of her choice, using upright postures and the power of gravity to help her. She will feel empowered throughout the process and active in the decision making.
In this workshop Sarah will give you the tools and confidence you need to have an Active Birth.
- Look at what to expect during the different stages of labour
- Practise labour and birth positions, along with breathing, relaxation and vocalisation techniques to use during pregnancy and labour.
- Understand the physiological processes of birth and how the pelvis, uterus and the body’s wonderful symphony of hormones are perfectly designed to birth your baby.
- Emphasise the role of the birth partner and practise massage techniques to use before and during labour.
- Discuss the hour after birth, and the fourth trimester.
This is a workshop for pregnant women and their birth partners, but Mums on their own are very much welcome.
Bring an open mind and wear comfy clothing! Tea and plenty of snacks will be provided, and there’ll be a break for lunch in the middle.
£45pp or £90 per pair/couple. Strictly limited to 10 participants to ensure a comfortable, nurturing environment.